Sunday, November 2, 2008

First blog

Well i am new to the blogging world.  A little about me.  I grew up in rural Ohio.  I didn't have much growing up and was taught at an early age the value of a dollar.   My parents are strong Catholics and passed on many values to me.  Personal responsibility and accountability was important.  I was taught that nothing is owed to you.  Work hard and earn what you get.  Dont expect others to do for you what you can do for yourself.  You've got to stand for something or you will fall for anything.

When I graduated from high school, I enlisted in the air force.  After 8 years on active duty, including 500+ deployment days and a trip to baghdad during the initial phases of the iraq war.  Even after being harassed by anti war people to include members of my family, enduring the abuse of murderer, rapist, war monger to being spit at and had profanities thrown my way; I continued to stand for peoples freedoms.  

I joined the Mormon Church when I was stationed in San Antonio.  I attend the temple regularly and plan to be sealed in the temple someday.  I enjoy sports, watching and playing them,  studying history and visiting sites, rock climbing, reading to learn, and studying the scriptures.

I am headed to Utah State University in January.  Following completion of y Undergrad, I plan to go to law school with the goal of becoming a JAG officer and then run for public office.  

I will try to post updates regularly

Welcome to my blog

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey, welcome to the blogging world. Its a good way to keep up with people. I found out I'll be heading to Vandenberg AFB. Good luck at Utah State!!